Having multiple missing teeth in Ajax can significantly impact everyday life and is a problem that affects many people. Tooth loss occurs because of trauma, infection and decay, and gum disease.
Durham Dental Solutions is a dental implant-oriented practice in Whitby, providing patients with a range of implant solutions that include Teeth in a Day.
What is Teeth in a Day?
Teeth in a Day in Pickering is a solution for people missing all their natural teeth in their upper or lower arch or both arches. With this option, we can replace an entire arch of teeth with full arch dental implants, and those patients who qualify for this treatment can receive a temporary bridge of teeth on the same day of surgery. It’s an excellent treatment that rejuvenates a person’s smile and ability to eat, so they can live life without worrying about their teeth.
How Many Dental Implants Are Needed for Teeth in a Day?
The number of implants needed can vary according to whether you need your upper or lower teeth replaced in Oshawa and your dental health. Our dentists will recommend the number they feel will provide you with the best long-term outcome, normally between four and six implants per arch. The dental implants are inserted into the jawbone. When a temporary bridge is placed immediately, it splints the implants together, preventing any movement while they heal and integrate with your jawbone.
Pros of Having Teeth in a Day
There are numerous benefits of choosing this treatment, including:
- The implant bridge provides a far greater biting strength than an ordinary denture that merely rests on your gums. You will find it easy to enjoy the foods you love, and an upper bridge doesn’t cover the upper palate like a denture so that food will taste better.
- We take enormous care when designing full arch bridges in Newcastle, making sure they look and feel like real teeth. Initially, they may take a while to get used to, just like any new restoration.
- Treatment is relatively short as it doesn’t take long to place the dental implants, and all the planning is done behind the scenes well in advance of surgery.
- Unlike a denture, the implant bridge is fixed securely in place so it will not rub or move around. People who wear full dentures often find they gradually loosen, and the rubbing can create sore spots that fail to heal easily, making it difficult to eat and talk comfortably.
- Teeth in a Day is a minimally invasive treatment because few dental implants are needed to secure a complete arch. Also, the implants are inserted in such a way to maximize the use of healthy bone, so there is less need for other treatments such as bone grafting in Clarington.
Potential Cons of Teeth in a Day
There are very few negatives of choosing Teeth in a Day, but these can include:
- When implant teeth are first fitted, it could take a few days to become accustomed to speaking and eating with them. Because it is a dental bridge, the teeth are all joined together and may be designed to replace some gum tissues, so they feel a bit different from natural teeth.
- Some people feel nervous about the oral surgery required to insert dental implants. Our implant dentists in Courtice are highly experienced, meticulously planning every treatment, so it is smoother and faster, and healing is quicker. We can also provide sedation dentistry in Brooklin to ensure treatment is more comfortable.
Are you interested in discovering more? Contact our implant dentists in Bowmanville for a consultation where you can learn all the possible options and ask all the questions you need.