Missing teeth can be miserable, making it tricky to eat enjoyably and to smile confidently. While there are options like dentures or dental bridges that are supported by natural teeth, dental implants are often the very best solution. Some of the advantages of dental implants in Newcastle include:
- Improved appearance as dental implants can look and feel like your real teeth. The improvements can be especially significant if you are currently missing multiple teeth. Your new dental implant teeth in Clarington will be designed to provide essential support for your cheeks and lips, restoring facial appearance as well as your smile. People missing entire arches of teeth often notice their facial appearance is rejuvenated as the implant teeth restore the correct dimensions between the upper and lower jaw.
- Better speech, as talking without teeth is tricky! Loose and poorly fitting Oshawa dentures can slip in the mouth, and often denture wearers will mumble or slur words. Because dental implant teeth are held firmly in place, it’s easy to talk clearly.
- Improved self-esteem and self-confidence as when you know your smile looks good, it can help you to feel better about yourself.
- Eating comfortably as dentures that slide around can make it difficult to chew food properly. When teeth are missing, it is trickier to chew food. People will often adjust their diet, opting for foods that require little or no chewing. Unfortunately, these foods are often bland, uninteresting, and lacking nutritionally. Whitby dental implants function just like natural teeth, so you can eat almost anything you like in complete comfort. When you can choose a better diet, it can improve overall health, giving your body the nutrients needed to fight disease and infection.
- Durability as dental implants can last for years or potentially for life, provided you care for them properly.
- Dental implants are convenient, eliminating all the problems of removable dentures as well as the need to purchase messy denture adhesives to try and keep them in place.
- Because dental implants are self-supporting, they can improve oral health. Unlike a tooth-supported bridge, a Courtice dental implant doesn’t require your teeth to be altered in any way for dental crowns. Instead, your natural teeth are left intact which is always the preferable solution. Dental implants will help to share the stresses when you bite or chew food, preventing unnecessary wear and tear on your natural teeth. Also, dental implants prevent natural teeth from shifting position which can negatively affect your bite and the stability of these teeth.
Who Can Have Dental Implants?
The nice thing about Clarington dental implants is that they are suitable for just about anyone. Dental implants can be especially suitable for anyone a little older and who has struggled with loose dentures for years. Replacing an old denture with implant-supported teeth can give you a new zest for life. There are several implant options available.
Single Implant Teeth
Single implant teeth in Brooklin are perfect when you are missing just one or two teeth, perhaps in different areas of the mouth. Your new implant tooth will emerge from the gums, looking just like the real thing, and they are super easy to care for as you can brush and floss normally.
An implant bridge is ideal when you are missing several teeth side-by-side. It isn’t always necessary to replace every tooth with a dental implant.
Implant Retained Dentures
Implant retained dentures are cost-effective and are extremely secure. The dentures are retained by dental implants but are easily removable for cleaning and maintenance.
Teeth in a Day
This is another innovative treatment where your existing denture can be converted into a fixed prosthesis attached to several dental implants on the same day of surgery.
Discover which solution will help you when you visit us here at Durham Dental Solutions.