If you are missing one or more teeth and have done even the most rudimentary research into replacing them, you probably discovered that dental implants in Ajax might be an excellent solution. But you almost certainly have questions! Listed below are just a few of the most common.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants artificially replace an entire tooth, consisting of a small medical-grade titanium alloy post or screw surgically inserted into the jawbone. Durham Dental Solutions also provides ceramic dental implants, and which are suitable for people with metal allergies and sensitivities in Whitby. Once implanted into the bone, the implants gradually bond with the bone and become a permanent fixture. When restored with an implant crown, bridge or denture, dental implants function and look just like real teeth.
What are Some of the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- One of the most notable is improved appearance. Our dental implant dentists in Pickering take a lot of care when designing dental implant teeth, ensuring they support your facial muscles and that they look great.
- Your speech may improve, and especially if you wear dentures that slip and move out of place. With implant supported dentures or a dental bridge, your teeth are held firmly in place.
- Dental implants feel very comfortable as if they were naturally part of you.
- Eating is more comfortable, and your choice of foods could increase substantially, especially if you get rid of loose and ill-fitting dentures in Brooklin.
- Natural teeth aren’t affected because dental implant teeth are self-supporting. With a tooth supported bridge, your teeth would need substantial reshaping.
What Is the Procedure for Having Dental Implants?
Initially, you will need a consultation with our dental implant dentist in Oshawa, to see if you are suitable for treatment. Most people are! Next, the implant surgery is meticulously preplanned using advanced digital technology which includes a cone beam CT scan that takes 3-D images of your teeth and jaws. The information allows us to pinpoint the precise position for each dental implant, creating a custom treatment plan. Preplanning ensures the actual treatment is faster and smoother for you, and healing is more comfortable.
The actual surgery can take place using a local anesthetic, or we can provide sedation dentistry in Newcastle if you prefer. Once placed, the implants will soon be ready for your new implant teeth. Most people are surprised that the entire procedure is so quick and comfortable.
Who Should Consider Dental Implants?
The short answer is anyone with missing teeth in Clarington! Dental implants can restore one or more missing teeth or even entire arches. They are suitable for most people, and you just need to have reasonable dental health and general health. Dental implants are a great choice if you are fed up or unwilling to wear dentures, or for anyone looking for a long-term solution for tooth loss. Treatment isn’t suitable for children as your jaws must have finished growing, but otherwise, age isn’t a barrier.
Are Dental Implants Safe?
Dental implant treatment has been used for decades, and the components and procedures have been extensively studied and are continually improved. We only use the highest quality dental implants in Courtice made by reputable implant companies. Our dental practice is equipped with some of the most advanced technologies for diagnosing, planning and restoring dental implants. As withal type of oral surgery, there is always a slight risk, but we do everything possible to reduce these risks.
Discover much more by booking your dental implant consultation here at Durham Dental Solutions, and very soon, you could have beautiful implant teeth.